manager, converse shopper insights and experienceBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 11/19/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
Converse has an extensive fleet of owned and partner retail doors around the globe, totaling over two thousand doors. Through these stores come millions of people. Further, in China, these doors represent the ONLY B&M retail experience for our brand, and in the US, they represent Converse’s largest B&M retail channel. This fleet represents the biggest and best opportunity for Converse to create unique and immersive “moments that matter” in the lives of our consumers and for our brand. As such they also represent a living, breathing laboratory to experiment, innovate and iterate toward truly memorable experiences. In addition to retail shopper experience and insights, this role will holistically include the analysis and interpretation of Converse.com experiences in concert with other Converse brand experiences.
The role of Shopper Experience and Insights Manager will be a pivotal role in driving the shift to a more consumer-centric approach to Converse retail. They will be the primary architect and owner of the toolkit to better understand shopper needs and desires. They will ensure that there is a continuous learning agenda to understand our ever-evolving consumer, assess our ability to deliver against shopper needs and desires, and recommend actions to continuously improve our connection and relationship with the Converse consumer.
The ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for listening to the consumer and digging deeper to truly understand motivations, desires and behaviors. They have exceptional analytical skills as well as a depth of experience in consumer insights, shopper insights, and/or customer experience.
- Converse PULSE (Customer Experience) Retail Survey: Own Converse’s Retail POS survey tool, PULSE, and its evolution including the interpretation of results, identification of insights and action items, and regular communication to stakeholders including retail leaders and store operations.
- Experience and Insights Evolution: Work with Global Consumer Insights and other cross-functional leaders, to lead and champion the development of a best-in-class Shopper Experience and Insights eco-system. Review effectiveness, identify friction points, and evolve the PULSE survey on a regular cadence, to best meet Converse needs through the identification of moments that matter. Leverage learnings from the PULSE driver study and other analyses to be designed, led and interpreted by you. Develop and lead innovative ways to capture consumer feedback throughout the shopping journey, and ways to interpret and leverage the insights.
- Nike Collaboration: Work closely with Nike to ensure sharing of best practices which should flow to and from Converse and Nike. Partner with Nike team to inform shared platform and reporting evolution to increase effectiveness.
- Additional Shopper Insights: Beyond the PULSE survey, become the global expert for retail shopper insights. This will be accomplished through leveraging the Pulse survey to test and learn, as well as identifying ad hoc consumer insights needs, frequent in-person store visits and conversations with store managers and shoppers. Become THE shopper insights expert for Converse retail including .com.
- Test and Learn: Work closely with the global retail team to identify in-store test and learn opportunities. Lead the analytics testing approach that will be used to evaluate effectiveness, drive immediate actions and inform future strategy.
- Holistic CX Approach: As Converse migrates to its own .com there is the opportunity to better understand and steer the shopper experience online and instore and to begin fusing those two experiences together. Work closely with Global Consumer Insights and the .com team to lead the establishment of a holistic approach to assessing customer experience online and in-stores as well as ensuring that these experiences are driving the overall brand experiences and perceptions that the brand has set forth. Be an active participant in shaping the way that digital and retail come together for our shoppers via relevant consumer insights project leadership.
- Degree in a consumer or digital technology oriented field such as psychology, sociology, market research, statistics, and/or behavioral sciences preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a role collecting & analyzing consumer insights
- Expertise and comfort with both quantitative data analysis as well as with unstructured, qualitative data and interpretation
- Exceptional analytical skills; experienced in fusing qualitative and quantitative insights
- Deep familiarity with data sources, research methods, and tools in capturing consumer sentiment, consumer feedback, and the analysis of consumer behavior
- Experience providing guidance, expertise and recommendations to senior leaders and store teams
- Strong history of partnering to use consumer feedback to shape experiences and business outcomes that drive positive change and business results; experience driving cross functional change within rapidly evolving environment
- Retail and/or service experience preferred
- You’re obsessed with improving consumer experiences. You focus on the consumer first.
- You have an analytical mindset, able to work through data to get to what truly matters, without missing the forest for the trees.
- You know how to tell stories with data. You understand the power of great messaging to change minds. You craft and communicate ideas with impact leveraging outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a leader, innovator and subject matter expert, driving change and continuous improvement. You effectively influence Converse leaders on a new path forward, when opportunities are realized.
- You’re a team player. You’re energized by working together to solve problems and drive change.
- You have demonstrated “whole brain” strengths, that is you are equally confident and masterful with left brain as well as right brain thinking and tasks.
- You are a life-long learner. The consumer insights and related space is incredibly dynamic and rapidly evolving. It is exciting … for those who love to learn something new everyday!
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now