converse procurement directorBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 03/15/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Money, Money Money – So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
As our Procurement Director for Converse, you will be based in Boston, MA at the Converse Headquarters. In this role you will lead the global Converse Procurement team as part of the Nike, Inc. enterprise. This role is dedicated to completely transforming how the world’s leading lifestyle brand does business with its external suppliers and partners.
You will partner with Converse executive leaders to amplify the value Converse generates from its relationships with external partners. You will leverage insights, best practices and collaboration with the Nike, Inc Procurement team to bring the best results for the company. This critical role will assume responsibility for guiding a team to source and develop our worldwide direct and indirect category portfolio.
You will join the COO leadership team and partner across Converse Brand, Retail, Product, and Operations to set multi-year strategies, targets and align business and procurement priorities. This role is responsible for driving the global sourcing program through an analytical, data-driven category-anchored approach, with a balanced understanding of business, technology, and operational requirements. You'll lead strategic global negotiations and drive a cross-functional team for an optimized value proposition. You will also identify and finalize target savings for the Converse business unit while managing and fostering key relationships with both internal leadership and external customers - and track and manage global team performance.
- 8 years' relevant work experience
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing teams of direct reports
- An understanding of both direct and indirect categories of Procurement is preferred
- Experience working at a leading retail organization that services consumers digitally as well as in retail locations is preferred.
- Global perspective and experience in sourcing and procurement processes, supply base and best practices
- Experience working cross-culturally and navigating influence across matrixed organizations
- Experience working directly with Senior Executives across multiple business functions internally and with suppliers
- Demonstrated experience consulting with business partners, including independently identifying business partner needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables and presenting results
- Experience in spend management practices such as demand management, compliance management,supplier collaboration and performance management
- Superior communications, interpersonal and presentation skills are required, along with strong influencing and persuasive talents
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re differentApply Now