Converse Materials Designer IBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 06/18/2019 Schedule Full-time
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
The Designer I is responsible for elevating the Converse product experience with a focus on both the art & science of materials. In this role, you will drive material innovation excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
- Brings to life the seasonal material innovation direction that is trend relevant to the category consumer.
- Implements divisional key concepts and category strategy
- Plans and executes the product details and reviews samples and clearly communicates changes to ensure timely completion of each project.
- Creates and curates category seasonal palettes.
- Learns methods of manufacturing, how materials are impacted in manufacturing
- Provides material support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 0-3 years’ experience-internships/hands on
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now