converse marketing internBarcelona, Spain Apply Now Date posted 07/12/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
As Converse Marketing Intern, you will contribute to support the Brand Marketing team and your main responsibilities will be:
- Support in strategy execution: Be the right hand of the SE Brand MK Manager and become and authorized voice of the Barcelona office becoming a valuable stakeholder for the communication with both the Milan Mkt office and the local sales team; Help keeping relevant information organized as well as activity calendars up to date; Proactively participate in brainstorming sessions on seasonal plans and local activations; Be the Showroom Coordinator first point of contact and make sure to equip our premises with the right level of branding; Manage the Barcelona seeding product stock.
- Support in establish and connect the brand in Iberia:Help SE functional leads creating local ecosystem media, retail and talent maps and keep them updated; Keep track record of Spain and Portugal key cities Cultural agendas; Help building strong relationships with a fine selection of Iberian accounts as well as their local sales representatives.
- Liaise with Bran, Comms and Retail to ensure flawless executions and activation:In close collaboration with the SE PR Manager support local PR Agencies with the preparation and follow up of Open Press Days (product/assets selection/delivery, space decoration, recaps, etc.); Support the sales field team on the preparation of Buying Groups conventions (Base and Intersport first).
- Facilitate the flow of information within the team:Keep the SE MK team up to date with relevant local status updates in alignment meetings and weekly snapshots; Support the team on the compilation of clippings for campaign recap purposes.
- Support to Digital Brand Manager:In close partnership with the SE Retail Brand Manager take ownership on the distribution of digital assets to selected Iberian accounts; Monitor SE digital focus account channels on a frequent basis to assure the correct implementation of the Converse Branding as well as specific campaigns with special focus on the flow of Incubate stories. Keep track record of the progress on the Converse assets usage, propose actions for the continuous improvement of brand assets usage, and capture best practice example screenshots for recap purposes; Supervise Converse.com translations into Spanish through SDL.
- ENT Specialist Spain:Actively participate in the scouting process of local talents who move culture forward; Support the SE Culture and Entertainment Manager to keep/establish long-term relationships with local influencers.
The requirements for the position include:
- Academic Background: Marketing, Business Administration and Communication.
- Knowledge: Excellent MS Windows applications, particularly Power Point and fluent English (both written and verbally).
- Skills: Strong communication skills, detail oriented and proactive.
- Other Specifications: Well connected with local change makers and passionate for sneakers, fashion, street style and urban culture.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now