Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As a Director, HR Business Partner at Converse, you'll provide solutions and advocacy to employees, managers, and senior leaders. In collaboration with the HR team you’ll help create and implement Functional HR Strategy across multiple teams and business units. You'll execute and deliver key HR programs, practices and policies to the business, managers, and employees. You’ll provide strategic consultation and coaching to Executive/Corporate leaders on organizational issues that contribute to growth and competitiveness of the business and the team. You’ll also serve as a key resource for employees through sensing, listening, providing guidance and directing inquiries to the appropriate HR specialists. You are a key leader within the HR function for Converse and part of the broader Nike Inc HR function.
Additional job accountabilities include:
- Build organizational alignment and capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate leader focused interventions; e.g., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, employee engagement, etc.
- Develop strategic workforce plans that are aligned with business strategies and objectives
- Apply diagnosis skills and core metrics to guide COEs in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions
- Provide HR functional expertise on business strategies, as well as general business expertise, to managers and teams.
- Accountable for the state of the bench, succession, career planning, and functional excellence
- Share business-driven inputs with COEs and Employee Services, enabling them to create business focused solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Behavioral Sciences or related field or an additional two years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years of experience across HR Generalist and Specialist areas; experience leading or working closely with OD/OE, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, and Total Rewards preferred.
- Demonstrated experience setting and leading complex organizational effectiveness and design initiatives, as well as multi-year talent strategies, is highly preferred
- Well-developed Business Acumen and proven enterprise thinking
- Ability to coach and communicate across all levels of the organization; up, down and across
- Proven experience developing partnerships with business leaders, particularly in helping them lead an organization through significant change, and during a period of realignment and growth.
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-moving organization
- Available to travel 10%
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.