Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
- Strategy & Vision: You will define our Converse By You customization and personalization strategy and roadmap as a key pillar of our Consumer Direct offense. You will leverage consumer insights, competitive research, emerging technologies and our own data to resolve assortment strategies, and customization product, experience & business model offerings. Collaborating with our Design, Innovation, Product and Technology teams you will define an innovation roadmap to meet program objectives and figure out ideal roll out of offerings and capabilities based on consumer experience and ROI. You will partner with geo and marketing partners to identify new opportunities to extend Converse By You to new channels and partners.
- Business Planning: In partnership with geography and global partners, you will determine annual sales, margin and expense targets and associated KPIs, build business cases for new opportunities and partner with your team and supply chain partners to plan and optimize for required capacity.
- GTM/Gameplan: You will lead and represent Converse By You as part of the Converse Go-to-Market Gameplan process. Working with global and local geography partners you will identify opportunities to innovate and learn, extend inline stories, fill product line gaps and create brand heat through relevant movements and moments.
- Consumer Experience: Working with global partners, local geographies and Nike Inc teams, you will help to define and deliver truly distinctive Converse customization and personalization experiences across channels. You will help to define and build business requirements for new experience capabilities as well as content needs for elevating CBY storytelling. To deliver a seamless experience for consumers, you and your team will ensure that all product set-up and logic is complete and accurate. You will also be responsible for leading product imaging and developing a pre-build strategy to build engaging consumer journeys.
- Operations: You and your team will be responsible for running all business processes to enable the production and delivery of product and a smooth flow of orders through the customer order pipeline. You will work closely with factory and supply chain partners to plan and manage factory capacities and order management flow and exceptions.
- 7-10 years of general management experience with broad responsibilities inclusive of merchandising, consumer experience, and operations at a retailer or leading brand
- Proven track record in building high growth eCommerce businesses. Experience with product customization a plus
- Strong ability to collaborate with and influence a diverse set of cross functional stakeholders to achieve a common objective. Ability to create a shared vision and evangelize opportunities to the broader Converse community
- Entrepreneurial spirit with experience in eCommerce innovation and new business development.
- Experience in establishing and implementing standards and processes with a strong focus on operational excellence
- Experience in leading large scale projects across different geographies
- Passion for product and design
- Team player with strong work ethic, people and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Local and Global travel required. International experience a plus
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.