Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As the Product Finance Manager for Converse, you will join one of the most iconic global consumer brands. You'll actively interpret and review financial results with business leaders to drive actionable responses, participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments and provide input into product planning. You will be the finance leader for the product, merchandising, and designs teams, responsible for driving and delivering sustainable growth and profitability, informed by and aligned with marketplace strategy. You will help the product teams in hitting their unit, revenue, and margin goals by performing analysis that aids in the decision-making process, outline investment scenarios, identify trends/risks/opportunities in the portfolio and create action plans that mitigate risk and leverage opportunities.
- Partner cross functionally (product, design, merchandising, costing, demand planning, geo & global finance, etc.) to lead end to end net revenue and gross margin management from a product lens across long range planning, annual operation planning, budget, and fiscal quarters
- Translate product strategies into financial goals and set seasonal targets
- Enable and lead seasonal portfolio management to ensure product lines deliver against growth and profitability objectives
- Partner with geography teams to ensure marketplace plan is aligned with the global product strategy. Leverage insights across product, brand, and marketplace to information strategies, plans, and franchise management
- Support and be a key team member to the Footwear & Apparel Leadership teams
- Perform analysis that aids in the decision-making process and helps improve profitability for current franchises, as well as on new business opportunities
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic initiatives and improving profitability. This may include analysis on new business opportunities through scenario and investment analysis
- In addition, you’ll work towards streamlining processes and tools in respect to business planning, aiming to improve efficiencies without sacrificing quality
To succeed in the role, you must be a self-starter who can work with limited oversight. You must possess excellent analytical skills, attention to detail paired with the ability to see the bigger picture, a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and help evolve the department and how we service our internal customers.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with emphasis in finance or accounting
- MBA is a plus but not required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in finance, strategic planning, investment analysis, economic profit analysis, accounting and/or budgeting
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel sourcing, processes and events from product concept to delivery is a plus
- Extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills while being independent and resourceful
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and being resourceful in solving problems independently
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.