training supervisorOntario, California Apply Now Date posted 12/29/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
Job Summary:Creates a training program and delivers training to employees across the organization. Maintain and improve, where possible, the efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness of workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills.
- Make decisions within guidelines and policies that impact own priorities and allocation of time to meet deadlines
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workflow to meet required completion deadlines
- Creates a safe workplace for team members and emphasizes safe workplace behaviors
- Serve as a lead for all front-line training within the operation.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the company’s plans and vision.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Develop and maintain department standard work instructions and procedures. Audits to ensure compliance.
- Works with all levels of leadership to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals
- Managing, designing, developing, coordinating and conducting operational training programs.
- Choosing appropriate training methods.
- Manages administrative projects
- College degree in related field is preferred.
- 3 years' experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- 2 years' previous supervisory experience.
- Experience with WMS and Excel.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Project management skills
- ISO 9001 certification is a plus
- Word, Access, PowerPoint, and SAP is preferred.
- Strong problem solving/decision making skills.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be dedicated, with a high degree of integrity.
- Demonstrates future vision and continual improvement of processes and people.
- Ability to perform in high pressure situations.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate with various levels of the organization. Bilingual is a plus.
Reasoning Ability: Must exhibit sufficient problem-solving skills to address issues that may arise concerning operational and staffing issues.
Physical Ability: Must be able to lift cartons up to 50lbs
Work Environment: Must be able to perform in warehouse environment with moderate noise level and continuous exposure to mobile heavy equipment.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications: Flexibility to work first or second shift.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now