internship converse merchandising and buyingHilversum, Netherlands Apply Now Date posted 02/28/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trend-watcher. A call-maker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
Across the Merchandising and Buying function, we have several opportunities available. Depending on your skill set, we will match your experience with one of the positions below:
• Marketplace Merchandising;
• Digital Merchandising and Buying.
Depending on the position you are linked to, the tasks and responsibilities may include:
• Support in the creation of multi-product type assortments for territories, from channel to account, ensuring concept is captured through out;
• Deliver geo merchandising seasonal channel, account, banner strategies, and assortments to wider internal teams (e.g. Sales);
• Gather marketplace analysis concerning channel, tier, and account input into Marketplace Insights using several analyzing tools;
• Seek marketplace opportunities regarding trends, customer profiles and shopping behavior;
• Prepare and attend key seasonal meetings, partnering alongside strategic account teams;
• Create, maintain and present the seasonal performance report to capture and track KPI development;
• Understand and grasp the internal Factory Store business and how the stores operate;
• Contribute and experience the seasonal end-to-end merchandising and buying Gameplan from seasonal strategy through to investment review;
• Develop analytical skills by creating and analyzing reports to deliver to wider functional teams;
• Support and create seasonal buy plans;
• Operational activities such as entering markdowns and promotions in merchandising systems for stores.
• Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational awareness skills;
• Ambitious, autonomous and information seeking attitude;
• Academic, volunteering or previous internship experiences related to Fashion are a plus (please include in your CV);
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word);
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Passion for music, fashion, sport, skate, and/or art.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INTERNSHIP, YOU MUST:
• Be a student for the whole duration of the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution);
• Have an EU passport or an EU work permit.
August 1st, 2019
6 or 12 months (12 months availability strongly preferred)
This internship is open to students outside of the Netherlands.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV in English no later than March 25th
Suitable candidates will be contacted by mid-April for the first stage of the selection (video interview). The final interviews will take place throughout May and June.
Please note that where legally permissible, you may be asked to consent to a pre-employment screening for this position, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and the Nike Applicant Background Check Policy.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now