finance director - direct to consumerHilversum, Netherlands Apply Now Date posted 10/25/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Money, Money Money – So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
We are a magnet and engine for talent – we bring in the best people from across the globe, challenge them to grow and help them build a career.
Being key business partner on a cross-functional team, you will provide insights that drive actions and impact the business. You and your team will work leverage the functional expertise of our DTC commercial functions to lead the business in profitable growth. You will need to demonstrate strong retail business acumen, team mindset, can-do mentality, a strong analytical skill-set, the ability to take analytics to insights and translate these into clear and simple action items and recommendations. The role reports into the Western Europe Converse CFO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for performance management, financial planning, strategic investments, cost control & operational efficiency governance.
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data and business metrics partnering closely with business leaders to impact strategic business decisions and continuously improve business performance.
- Provide recommendations on retail business best practices of key metrics, KPI’s and processes to track progress against business expectations; facilitate visibility to key drivers of success or opportunity relative to forecasts/plans.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that link to the Company’s strategic objectives both long term and in-year for Direct to Consumer business.
- Understand consumer expectations; seek to understand key trends and find opportunities to drive growth and profitability. Be up-to-date on the evolving marketplace and retail trends, competitors and partners.
- Identify and support the evaluation of new digital commerce business concepts/initiatives, providing recommendations on commercial terms and investments needed to bring them to life.
- Improve store profitability by partnering with business teams and provide recommendations on store productivity thru workforce management, inventory & margin management.
- Managing, coaching, and developing a team.
- 10 years directly relevant work experience; a proven expertise in financial planning and analysis in an international environment, and preferably in Digital and Physical Retail Industry.
- Degree in Business Administration/Economics and an appropriate additional qualification e.g MBA
- To be successful you will need a strategic mindset, a strong analytical skill set and a good understanding of Retail business.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas in a simple way
- Have strong team management and leadership skills and be very strong in influencing the business and finance organizations.
- Excellent English language skills
- Strong intellect, results-oriented with a personal impact and a sense of urgency
- High integrity, transparency and confidence
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re differentApply Now