converse o2c accounting managerHilversum, Netherlands Apply Now Date posted 07/03/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Money, Money Money – So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves manager who understands the intricacies of a large, dynamic, global organization and thrives in a best-in-class environment. A successful candidate will be a leader with a track record of coaching and developing team members, with a passion for delivering excellence. This role is a first step into the Converse Controlling team and can grow into opportunities within the Converse or Nike group of brands.
- Work closely with the Marketplace Controller to align on key priorities and communications to business partners
- Support Marketplace Controller role with key reporting deliverables and KPI’s.
- Understand and explain the impact and results of accounting activities to Finance and Commercial business partners
- Assist in month-end close activities, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations, particularly in the area of revenue recognition and receivable reserves.
- Manage, coordinate and prepare certain month-end and quarter-end deliverables to Converse reporting teams and Nike business partners.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to cross functional teams on special projects including revenue recognition on emerging digital and direct to consumer business initiatives.
- Learn and develop a proficiency in the use of the company’s SAP ERP system and other reporting and analytical tools.
- Develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers of the business while demonstrating mastery of US GAAP and Converse accounting policies.
- Analyze and assist in the implementation of new accounting policies in the revenue and receivable space.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis for business partners, accounting and finance teams.
- Be the leader for process improvement related to the revenue and receivables accounting. Identify and implement strategies for the company to execute its accounting and reporting responsibilities with greater efficiency by automating processes and reducing manual work effort.
- Supervise and oversee the growth and professional development of multiple team members.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, Chartered / Registered Accountant and/or MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Experience with SAP preferred but not required.
- Industry experience with a Fortune 500/multinational company is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, detailed and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities, commitment to quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to strategically think and solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment at a rapidly evolving company and industry.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re differentApply Now