converse key account manager north territoryHilversum, Netherlands Apply Now Date posted 04/30/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
Converse sparks progress at the heart of youth culture. We are a company ready for change and that is who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative.
The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives on embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. Here at Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As part of the North Territory Sales team you will be accountable for the key accounts business in both Benelux and Scandinavia. In the role of the Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for achieving assigned sales results by bringing in new and maintaining existing business. You will contribute to the development of the sales strategy: participating to commercial negotiations, increasing revenue growth and maximizing margins. You will lead a team of 2 Key Account Executives.
- Elevate account management by managing budgets, securing order deadlines and developing strategic account plans with a clear focus on the strategic priorities.
- Use market knowledge to identify new business opportunities on product trends, pricing and competition to maximize Converse product placement and sales.
- Provide structured account feedback to key stakeholders including the Territory Commercial Director and Business Planning Manager.
- Implement seasonal brand communication/marketing: collaborate closely with Marketing to develop specific account marketing plans to elevate account positioning.
- Work cross-functional with the Territory Commercial Director, Business Planning Manager, Marketing and WE Merchandising, to develop accurate and realistic go-to-market plans, seasonal assortments, forecasts and scenario plans.
- Deliver accurate forecasts.
- Conduct monthly and seasonal business reviews with accounts.
- Meet all reporting deadlines in a timely and consistent manner.
- Negotiate trade terms and commercial plans each fiscal year.
- Accountable for the execution, management and timely coordination of the key account team strategy for the North Territory.
- Meet or exceed all targeted sales goals by account, season, and year, product mix and distribution objectives.
- Establish and maintain timely, consistent and positive external and internal relationships.
- Provide exceptional customer service by developing and maintaining strong relationships with all different levels of management at key accounts.
- Frequent touch points with Territory Commercial Director to update on opportunities, problems, progress, and ask when support needed. Share expertise and best practice with the key account team.
- Consistently looking to coach, lead, drive and inspire the key account team, to deliver commercial results and develop talent within the commercial organization.
Be creative, innovative in the way you do business. This is NOT business as usual business. In this role, you will be reporting into the Commercial Director North Territory.
- Degree (e.g. Bachelor’s), subject area Business or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of prior sales experience (preferably within the fashion / athletic product industry).
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of sales team management experience.
- Must be able to use financial data to make sound decisions to maximize revenues, profits and sales opportunities.
- Must be able to understand complex business issues & find creative ways to solve problems.
- Must have strong stakeholder management capabilities and a proven ability to persuade and influence people to take desired action.
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility: Ability to prioritize and organize workload in response to aggressive timelines.
- Passionate and action oriented: Must be a self-starter, able to drive the business and getting things done under pressure.
- Communication skills: Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- A sense of humor, a great work ethic and a flawless sense of cool.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now