converse data engineer leadHilversum, Netherlands Apply Now Date posted 04/30/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
You are obsessed with data. You are results oriented and you play well with others. You understand how raw data points come together to drive business insight. You take data integrity personally.
- Development of extracts and feeds from the full spectrum of Converse data sources for integration with the Global Analytics Platform. Development of data processing pipelines and ensuring data quality/availability and reliability standards are met. Data sources may include structured as well as unstructured/manual data environments.
- Engineering data foundations for a variety of business analytics and insights use cases, ranging from reporting and data visualization to advanced analytics/machine learning use cases. Stakeholders include Converse Operations, Direct to Consumer, and Finance.
- Full Ownership of the BI and engineering projects in Europe. Also involved in Global initiatives and projects as well. For example; you will be leading the BI transformation project from the old platform to Snowflake, setting the guidelines and examples as Europe is the first to go.
- Interface with business resources around reporting, insights and analytics requirements, and translate those requirements into technical design specifications. Work closely with Western Europe and global teams in an agile model.
- Ensures developments is on track and meets specifications as defined by product management and the business
- Responsible for data integrity of current platform and QA of new releases
- Supports the development and maintenance of backlog items and solution feature; participates in sprint planning activities from a development perspective.
- Manage and support operational reporting processes in our Business Objects environment, working closely with Converse global and Nike teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in data engineering and BI, data modeling preparing data for reporting, insights and analytics use cases.
- Must have experience with; AWS and Snowflake.
- Must have experience in Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft SSAS - TABULAR model
- Very experienced in SQL, Python and a proven track record dealing with structured and unstructured data. Also experience in SQL Server 2011
- Experience working with SAP reporting systems such as BW or HANA is needed
- Solid understanding and experience in working with Github versioning and Tableau; Experience with Business Objects a plus.
- Proven track record of leading data integrity/QA, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to speak both business and technology, and effectively liaison with both teams
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now