converse business planner northern territoryHilversum, Netherlands Apply Now Date posted 11/29/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Also Known as the Big Deal Department.
Sure, you could be at some boring PLACE selling boring STUFF. Or you could be with us, selling unique sneakers and apparel that you would wear yourself. You could walk out the door and see some kid wearing what you put in their store and know you did that. Because you were bold enough and aware enough and got real satisfaction from doing a real thing. That’s where you could be.
Converse sparks progress at the heart of youth culture. We are a company ready for change and that is who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative.
The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives on embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. Here at Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As the Business Planner for Northern Territory, you will work with the Commercial Director and European Planning Director to coordinate business planning processes for Converse’s Northern Territory wholesale market.
You will be accountable for coordinating forecasts for the wholesale account portfolio, supporting the commercial team with tool, processes, and data-driven insights to maximize their business potential.
You will be supporting the commercial director by consolidating plans and insights across the commercial team and working closely with finance and operations teams as the voice of the commercial team.
- Support the commercial director and broader sales team in developing pre-season forecasts based on data-driven insights, leveraging POS data, market trends, shifts in distribution strategy and changes in product assortments, etc.
- Consolidate plans and identify risks/opportunities to be reviewed with commercial director on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain territory specific planning templates, consolidate, and present in appropriate forums.
- Support sales team in benchmarking and aligning forecasts against targets. Work with account and sales managers to articulate changes versus previous forecasts and identify risks, opportunities versus commercial or financial targets.
- Analyze and recap the weekly retail performance of fast and slow movers, versus plan and last year
- Implement Stock and Sales Plans for strategic accounts. Support the commercial team in planning their business and help extract actionable insights from plans.
- Recommend actions to the sales team to replenish top styles or cancel low performing styles.
- Establish a monthly re-order targeting / tracking process in liaison with finance team, in line with commercial, operational, and financial planning timelines. Support leadership teams with territory insights during monthly goal setting meetings.
- Participate in the European trading room, a recurring forum where account teams can exchange order book to direct the right product to the right accounts/channels.
- Consolidate retail insights, and shipment opportunities and risks on a monthly basis. Review with commercial director and finance manager to ensure one aligned territory message.
- Support commercial team with their ad-hoc data requests.
- Develop and maintain sales reports for order book and retail sales tracking. Ensure all stakeholders are correctly informed about current order book.
- Support commercial director in tracking team performance versus targets and forecasts.
- Proactively communicate planning timelines and expectations to the commercial team. Train and support to elevate planning processes in Northern territory team.
Skills and Experience:
- University level in Business, Finance, Economics or Technical field alongside a minimum of 3 - 5 years' work experience leading and influencing commercial teams.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quantitative and qualitative analysis, and conduct comparison analysis against products, consumers, industries, and competitors.
- Self-starter and a high level of attention to detail. Able to create structure and drive results against set timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work with, coordinate and influence virtual teams.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization.
- Experienced in developing business metrics that promote profitability.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now