vp global brand basketballBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/21/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
Based in the Converse headquarters in Boston, MA, you will be in charge of the long-term basketball strategy and creation of seasonal marketing plans and the management of its implementation across the globe to fuel consumer ask, drive brand strength and strengthen the connection with the Converse basketball consumers. Impact of this leadership should drive bottom-line and market share results for the brand.
Leadership, Vision, and Strategic Planning
- Participate in the creation and the development of a long-term strategic vision for the Converse Basketball.
- Lead a brand offense passionate about the consumer that will impact Converse business growth.
- Responsible for setting the seasonal direction for the Global Basketball Marketing functions & Regional Marketing teams for a cohesive implementation of Converse product launches and seasonal initiatives.
- Ensure both consumer & product are at the forefront of all strategic planning and implementation.
- Timely and effective delivery of seasonal Marketing Plan and follow-through on implementation.
- Budget management.
- Integrate the territory consumer voice through regular input sessions on consumer insights and emerging trends with the regions & functional marketing teams.
- Excellent digital acumen with a keen understanding of the current consumer landscape and the platforms and strategy to best connect and serve them
- Drive a 365 brand offense across our strategic pillars.
- Serve as a hub : ensure alignment, creativity and insight in all marketing disciplines and focus on cross functional and cross geo implementation of the consumer journey.
- Engage and inspire the Converse marketing team.
- Serve as a key member of the Converse brand leadership team.
- Create excellent relationships with the respective global counterparts and regions.
- Provide clear communication across the entire organization.
- Act as an advocate for the consumer and the Converse brand.
- Provide leadership and coaching to all team members.
- Be transparent : communicate well and often with your close and extended teams.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the area of Brand Marketing in a related industry (footwear, style, street culture)
- Excellent understanding of basketball consumers and ability to connect with them through a cultural lens
- Ability to interact, network, build credibility for both themselves and the brand
- Digital and community Marketing knowledge
- Communicate effectively inside and outside the organization
- Concrete experience managing complex projects and programs that have heavy dependencies requiring excellent leadership to align multiple teams and stakeholders
- High attention to detail including demonstrated ability to document requirements and to guide multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent team-orientation
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- A keen eye for design with creative passion.
- Ability to work in a exciting work environment where continuous creativity is critical
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team succeed
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Proactive, solutions-oriented. Ready to jump in head first
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now