ux strategist, global digital commerce experienceBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 04/09/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
We’re looking for a seasoned User Experience Strategist to join our team.
The UX Strategist is responsible for user experience research,
planning, design and creation, across multiple phases of the digital product
lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have a keen ability to understand user
behaviors as they engage with a brand through complex digital commerce
Our strategists get excited about gaining insights from users, designing clever ways to understand what makes them tick and then working with designers to bring ideas to life.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Heuristic assessment of digital experiences.
- Competitive landscape audits and benchmarking studies.
- Articulation of project objectives and creative briefs.
- Planning and conducting stakeholder interviews.
- Planning and conducting consumer research - studies, interviews, panels and surveys.
- Evaluation and guidance of ongoing UX design sprints.
- Creation of user personas, archetypes and user/product journey maps and flows.
- Validation of featuresets and functionality against business and user needs.
- Collaborate with business partners in Digital Product, Digital Commerce, Brand and Media to create consumer and brand-right experiences that support marketing and commercial goals, globally.
- Work cross-functionally with Content Strategy, SEO, Digital Design, Analytics, Experience Optimization, Product Management and Development teams to enhance existing, and bring new digital commerce experiences to market.
- Partner closely with geo-based business teams to understand and address market-specific needs and opportunities around the globe.
- Help to define, evolve, and disseminate Converse Digital Design standards and best practices to other teams throughout the organization.
- Design and implement an ongoing global experience audit and remediation process.
- Curious | You are a constant student of best practices and emerging trends in UX. Consumer technology developments inspire and energize you.
- Open and collaborative | YOU are an expert, but WE win as a team – you must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a cross-discipline environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear all the hats that need wearing – from high level thinking to in-the-trenches work, your flexibility, positivity and focus on results makes the team successful.
- 5-8 years of experience creating user-centered designs for ecommerce products.
- A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to create great digital experiences.
- Experience with web-based usability testing tools.
- Extensive background leading collaboration sessions with various types of experts and those with differing levels of exposure to UX working methodologies.
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now