UX ProducerBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 08/15/2019 Schedule Full-time
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
We’re seeking a seasoned producer to join our in-house UX team. As our UX Producer you will lead both in-house and agency teams to deliver simple, beautiful, seamless and distinctive Converse digital commerce experiences across both web and app platforms.
Balancing gut with an inclination for data-informed decision making and a strong bias for user-centered design principles and methods, this position will coordinate ongoing ecommerce platform optimization and enhancement projects as well produce new and emerging Converse digital commerce experiences.
You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes experience and content strategists, UX designers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative experiences that meet both brand and commercial goals. You’ll lead agency engagements as well as internally-produced projects.
You'll drive project schedules and communications, meeting cadence, and execution of deliverables. You'll collaborate with the business and creative teams to ensure experiences meet quality standards and business expectations.
You’ll collaborate with partners across multiple global regions to understand their market and platform dynamics and optimize platform experiences.
- Collaborate confidently and successfully within a team environment. Be the authority for problem solving and advice to solve production related challenges.
- Define production (“work back”) schedules of multiple projects with similar and tight deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Define scopes of work and handle project trajectories to complete on time and budget.
- Communicate status of projects to all stakeholders regularly and track stakeholder feedback.
- Produce/run all UX design projects for Converse digital commerce including feature additions and enhancements, new template definition and ongoing experience optimization efforts including creation of IA, wireframes, personas, and user journeys.
- Passionately push initiatives from loose concept through final production, ensuring uncompromising standards of quality at every step.
- Lead production of UX design projects, including UX team coordination as well as coordination of adjacent internal teams and external creative partners.
- Assist in the development of Global Digital Direct DC Game Plan
Consumer Connection & Experience Optimization:
- Prioritize the consumer’s needs and interests at all times.
- Define, operationalize and produce the business process for including regular consumer research, testing and survey methods into the work of the UX team.
- Actively partner with business partners in Brand and Media to create consumer and brand-right experiences that support marketing and commercial goals, globally.
- Partner closely with geo-based business teams to understand and address market-specific needs and opportunities around the globe.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in HCI or a related field
- 5+ years UX experience in an ecommerce environment including interaction and visual design of digital products/experiences that have been released to market.
- Deep experience in user-centered design methods, including user research and synthesis, exploration, storytelling, detailed design, user testing and prototyping
- Experience with SFCC/Demandware is a plus.
- Preferred experience with content management systems.
- Passion for identifying consumer needs and mapping experience solutions to cultural and technological evolutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations to senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and reliably meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new priorities
- Detail orientation and intrinsic passion toward success and high quality delivery
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Logical reasoning, troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence
- Expert knowledge of design tools and processes
- An outstanding portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now