technology product manager, sales & merchandisingBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 03/13/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
As a product manager on the Converse Technology team, you will be accountable for supporting the definition and implementation of technical capabilities for applications around the globe that support Sales and Merchandising functions. You will be accountable for the technology roadmaps, technical implementation, vendor partnerships, and architectural alignment. Additionally, you will partner closely with business product management teams and stakeholders catalyzing alignment on new capabilities and timelines that meet the needs of the business, customer, consumer and revenue targets. Partnering with technology vendors will be key to effective growth in all aspects of technology delivery and operations.
This role will report closely to the Product Director. You will be a member of the Converse small team focused on core capabilities that span Product Creation, Sourcing, Merchandising, and Sales. It is the expectation that you will leverage your experience collaborate across the organization, facilitate meaningful stakeholder engagement, create clear technology roadmaps, and be a thorough advocate for security, performance and scale with everything we deliver.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to bring a clear and demonstrated understanding of project delivery, program management, and product management principals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years direct relevant work experience (or equivalent).
- 3+ years of proven experience in developing and delivering technology strategies as a team leader.
- Recent work experience with development or delivery of technical capabilities and platforms.
- Recent work experience with development, evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to guide, influence and align a diverse set of stakeholders behind a technology strategy and plan.
- Experience in building effective project plans based on priorities, set clear and measurable objectives, and roadmap definition.
- Recent work experience with establishing and managing commercial arrangements with providers of technology services or products
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate at senior levels within the organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes and challenges in strategy, priorities, direction.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now