sr manager retail store merchandise planningBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 11/19/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
As the Sr. Manager of Retail Store Merchandise Planning, you will drive the brand vision through Converse’s retail stores partnering with buyers, allocators, retail planners and analytics teams. In this role you will lead the retail store merchandise planning function to create a views of seasonal plans at the product, category, & store segment level. You will work with cross functional partners to establish clear merchandise seasonal plans that help buyers create assortments grounded in profitability and consumer right assortments. You will partner with analytics team to recap and analyze the business against financial / seasonal product plans, and forecast in season sales and inventory to help product teams react quickly. This role will include presenting financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings.
- Drive merchandise planning consistency and best practices across function
- Develop strategic seasonal plans grounded in profitability & consumer segmentation
- Read and react to in season analytics and identify opportunities to adapt current business and inform future assortments, pricing strategies and strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with analytics to develop and drive merchandising reporting tools
- Ensure assortments support financial targets in partnership with Buying
- Deliver and participate in the key corporate gates and gameplan deliverables
- Participate in weekly cross functional meetings to discuss current business and create action plans. Communicate departmental and style performance, forecast and action plans to management and cross functional team on a weekly basis.
- Active participant in Monthly Forecast to articulate department performance, explain on order changes, inventory levels and other action plans to maximize business
- Participate in visual walk thru to ensure the right amount of inventory is purchased on styles that are emphasized in the store (ie: table, windows etc..)
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 6 years retail relevant experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising or allocation
- Expert Retail Math skills including intricacies of open to buy and margin management, retail and financial experience, understanding and familiarity of retail KPI’s
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with matrix partners
- High proficiency in excel and PowerPoint/Keynote
- High Degree of professionalism
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now