social media/community leadBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/02/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
As the expert on the social community, you will know when and how to speak, to and with fans. At Converse, we are who we’re friends with – and defining social media strategy and programs that go beyond @Converse accounts to leverage the channels of our collaborators, co-creators and talent who works with us will be a huge part of the job.
While millions of people buy Converse every year, visiting our stores and website, this only accounts for a small portion of the time someone might spend with our brand. It’s the stuff they encounter every day from us - on social media, sharing our products, seeing them worn by friends and people they look up to – that defines who we are as a brand to the kids out there. Social media and our presence there is what fuels this everyday chance for people to love us. The Social Media Community Manager should set out to build positive relationships in the social space every day.
- Manage development and distribution of social media content across channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Think creatively to develop a robust one-to-one engagement strategy that will help build and grow the Converse social community
- Create and publish real-time content and engagements targeted to specific audiences
- Curate/repurpose content from collaborators, media, fans, etc…
- Surface and analyze metrics around brand and industry content to deliver insights around content and community performance
- Leverage social media technology tools to publish content, monitor conversations and listening topics, engage with fans and analyze performance
- Stay current with digital and subject matter trends to make recommendations that are relevant to Converse’s social/digital presence
- Build and own best practices, processes, and guidelines that improve content, engagement and drive operational efficiencies
- Manage weekly social calendar aligning with overall social media strategy
- Build and own social content database working closely with cross functional teams to ensure content is delivered in a timely manner
- Stay up to date on emerging trends, topics, conversations and the pulse of the community
- Resourceful, innovative and flexible, with the ability to set and define tasks for yourself and the team. Tell us where we need to go and how we need to get there.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their place in culture and the lives of kids today, primarily focusing on teen/early 20’s global audience.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and capable of changing and adapting to accommodate internal and external circumstances
- Highly motivated and collaborative with a willingness to learn
- Strong inter-personal relationship skills
- Strategic, analytic and structured thinking ability
- Experience using social publishing platforms, use of Percolate a plus
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now