senior demand planning analystBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 09/15/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse believes creativity lives within everyone. It’s the creativity of our employees and consumers that makes us interesting. We don’t define you, you define yourself. Our sneakers, apparel and accessories are for true individuals. So, that’s why we hire individuals. Wear sneakers, be yourself. That’s Converse.
At Converse Operations our mission is “to be the accelerator for growth by delivering premium consumer experiences”. We strive to excel on maximizing our Service level and Quality while optimizing our Inventory and Costs. We believe this is possible by investing in the right Talent and building a strong, diverse team.
As a Sr. Demand Planning Analyst, you will support the business through sound decisions and forecasts built using analytics across several stages of the seasonal planning process. Through the use of data and analysis, you will partner with cross functional teams in support of the total Global vision of Converse. You will steer and influence the foundation of Global and Regional line planning through the lens of increasing forecast accuracy. Advanced forecasting techniques, machine learning, demand drivers, and sales trend data will be utilized to develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation across varying time horizons.
You will create baseline forecasts in partnership with Product, Finance, and Merchandising teams ensuring forecasts are reflective of marketplace realities while maintaining alignment with Brand and Product strategies. You will actively engage and participate in the global planning process from forecast creation and inception, shepherding the flow of information through functional handoffs and alignment, to ultimately execute against seasonal hind sighting.
As a Sr. Demand Planning Analyst in the Global Demand Planning organization you will help to drive ongoing improvements in the both the forecasting space as well as cross functional processes. This role will provide demand planning expertise while challenging the status quo to support Converse Operations Win Now and Create the Future objectives.
- Advance existing demand planning tools; increase sophistication in modeling techniques in support of mid to long range planning
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
- Review and analyze historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
- Create baseline forecasts, maintaining data and forecast integrity in the forecasting tool(s) as well as other related platforms; communicate forecast to internal customers
- Monitor trends in forecast error; analyze and drive corrective action
- Actively participate in all meetings and be an advocate for promoting advanced forecasting methods
- Drive continued improvements to forecast accuracy through cross functional alignment and partnership, modeling, and tool creation
- Deep analytical mindset to develop sound forecasts
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Analytics, or related field
4 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
3+ years' experience in Demand Planning; Buying, Allocation and/or Inventory Management experience a plus
Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
Ability to interpret data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.
Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business