senior demand planning analystBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 04/22/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
- Advance existing demand planning tools; increase sophistication in modeling techniques in support of mid to long range planning
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
- Review and analyze historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
- Create baseline forecasts, maintaining data and forecast integrity in the forecasting tool(s) as well as other related platforms; communicate forecast to internal customers
- Monitor trends in forecast error; analyze and drive corrective action
- Actively participate in all meetings and be an advocate for promoting advanced forecasting methods
- Drive continued improvements to forecast accuracy through cross functional alignment and partnership, modeling, and tool creation
- Deep analytical mindset to develop sound forecasts
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Analytics, or related field
4 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
3+ years' experience in Demand Planning; Buying, Allocation and/or Inventory Management experience a plus
Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
Ability to interpret data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.
Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now