product operations analystBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 07/10/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse does more than create the most iconic and well-loved sneakers in the world. Born in sports and celebrated by culture, it is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
For Converse, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse product and design teams understand our consumer, marketplace trends and insights to create the right product for marketplaces around the world. The team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right products, in the right places, at the right time and price.
Converse products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Converse Product Management team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product managers lead the creation process, manage product lines, and maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product Management employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives.
In this role of Product Analyst, you will report to the Senior Product Operations Manager and work with the team to developing metrics, reports, and analyses to drive success within the Product organization. This role will require partnership with the business to gather their reporting requirements, the creative ability to transform data into a digestible report and translate the reporting into a compelling narrative and actions. You will gain insight into the main drivers of our business and have the opportunity to directly influence the future state of Converse through cross functional collaboration with key business units.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with stakeholders to identify product data needs and translate the needs into are reporting solution
- Clean and prepare data for analysis; derive business outcomes and themes from raw and disparate data.
- Develop and create data visualization solutions for stakeholders, present results to drive performance improvements and influence key stakeholders
- Understand data structures to liaison between the Product team and Analytics Technology team
- Develop a reporting cadence and communication broadcast plan (PLMs, Directors, VPs) to enhance and streamline data and analytics
- Reporting focus on footwear units, revenue, margin, SKU productivity performance by business segment
- Analyze and present the key findings and ‘narrative’ to stakeholders
- Monitor overall progress of business initiatives against business plans and forecast projections
- Support initiatives for data governance to ensure data integrity and accuracy in reports
- Tableau desktop experience
- Business Intelligence Technologies and Data Analysis Tools – (Online analytical processing (OLAP), ETL frameworks)
- SQL Language
- Cross Functional Collaborator
- Relationship Management
- Strong Business Acumen
- Detail-oriented, data-driven, and a team player
- Proficiency with excel and data management; experience with Tableau is strongly preferred
- 3+ Years relevant experience in data + analytics roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, or Business Administration
- One Team – successful experience in being an influencer and contributing member of a team
- Business orientation, analytical aptitude, and retail math
- Solution oriented mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and opportunities to a functionally diverse and wide audience
- Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to management in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with management, cross functional partners and account buying team
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering continuous learning