product line manager – apparel, speed to marketBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/09/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
You will become the linchpin and authority in how to deliver apparel on quick turn timelines. You will have the ability to quickly realize new product concepts, fill market opportunities, and respond to key account needs exploding the reach and impact of Converse Apparel. You will be knowledgeable on how to activate multiple product creation levers within the Nike, Inc. sourcing structure. You will be a fastmoving collaborator who can make connections, seek approvals, and think creatively to unlock major apparel opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Brief, Manage, and flawlessly implement speed/SMU projects through chase, post embellishment, and cut and sew opportunities
- Accountable for maintaining profitability of the business unit and accuracy of necessary downstream communication instruments and business unit assets
- Address and resolve complex problems head on in partnership with Sales, Merchandising, Design, and Development to improve speed to market engine solutions
- Act as an expert and key resource for colleagues at all levels to understand the limitations, flexibilities, and opportunities to leverage the Speed to Market Engine
- Enter/manage entry of accurate and complete information related to business unit
- Make informed decisions in the best interest of the business unit with minimal guidance to drive profitability and consumer-right product
- Set and model the behaviors in line with Nike, Inc. policies and Converse values
- Create compelling presentations to sell product to both internal and external audiences; represent teams at key product creation meetings
- You move fast, embrace your limitations, and get creative to deliver consumer right product concepts that progress the brand priorities in record time
- An organized "doer" with exceptional multitasking skills-someone who will take initiative to make things happen
- A knowledgeable product creator who knows how to push new concepts quickly through the supply chain and systems
- Consumer obsessed; tapped into the pulse of fashion trends, youth culture, lifestyle brands and the apparel industry
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated spirit with unending curiosity about our consumer target
- A collaborative partner, able to connect with and drive cross functional team members to deliver flawless follow through under ambiguous and tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills, understanding of business metrics, sell through data and how to use it in creative ways to drive and measure results
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Transparent, humble, honest and focused on what's best for the entire team
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree in marketing, apparel, operations, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge and experience managing speed to market / quick turn apparel programs
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant work experience in apparel or fashion lifestyle industry preferred
- Excellent storytelling, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% for domestic and international travel inclusive of Asia Factory and market travel
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now