product director of speed, licensing, energy, and regional product creation for apparelBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/01/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
For Converse, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse product and design teams understand our consumer, marketplace trends and insights to create the right product for marketplaces around the world. The team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right products, in the right places, at the right time and price.
Converse products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Converse Product Management team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product managers lead the creation process, guide product lines, and maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product Management employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives.
In this role of Product Director of Speed, Licensing, Energy and RPC for Apparel you will report to the VP, GM of Apparel and Accessories and be a key leader at the heart of the product creation team. You will work collaboratively with Design, Development, Sourcing, and Merch partners on one of Converse’s fastest growing business segments. This critical role will rethink traditional product creation calendars and unlock our ability to deliver products that are hyper local, hyper relevant, and hyper exclusive.
You will create programs and products that will directly contribute to developing brand impressions on abbreviated calendars. You will be responsible for outlining a strategy and developing a program to deliver products on abbreviated calendars through finished, chase and blank inventory opportunities. In support of the global inline assortment, you will be guiding the brand to realize any close to market trends or special make up opportunities for key accounts globally. You'll be a service-oriented leader who wants to coach PLMs how to guide their business as much as you like digging and executing these plans yourself. This position requires a high-energy, self-motivated individual with excellent product knowledge, development/sourcing techniques, merchandising skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and excellent leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to the Speed/Licensing/Energy/RPC team, delivering world class product, collaborations, and account exclusive needs
- Bring your industry and business expertise to develop and drive the long-term vision for the Speed to Market product engine
- Create a system of repeatable and reliable speed/SMU programs through chase, post embellishment, and cut and sew opportunities
- Ultimate accountability for the financial performance, operational performance, and data accuracy of your business unit
- Develop and communicate the roadmaps/business strategies, and organizational priorities unique to your business unit and complimentary to Inline Apparel Programs
- Perform work in support of brand plans; integrate company mission into daily work and planning; lead or participates in key initiatives, programs or products with moderate to wide visibility
- Connect the Regional Product Creation engines into the Global Product Engine to leverage localized sourcing, regional product creation talent, and development capabilities
- Lead the integration of Trademark Licensing Business relationships as well as Licensed Collaboration opportunities
- Cultivate a ‘one-team’ environment and structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance, a culture of mentoring and feedback, and cross functional collaboration
- Set and model the behaviors of leadership in line with Nike, Inc. and Converse values
- Create compelling presentations to sell product to both internal and external audiences. Represent teams at key product creation meetings.
- You move fast, embrace your limitations, and get creative to deliver consumer right product concepts that progress the brand priorities in record time
- A strategic thinker who can simultaneously obsess the details as well as the big picture to encourage solutions forward from concept to creation
- Product obsessed; tapped into the pulse of fashion trends, youth culture, lifestyle brands and the apparel industry
- A world class leader; you have the ability to create, motivate, and guide direct reports, cross functional teams, and senior leaders
- Expert analytical skills, understanding of business metrics, sell through data and how to use it in creative ways to drive and measure results
- An organized "doer" with exceptional multitasking skills-someone who will take initiative to make things happen
- Able to thrive in a productive, constantly changing work environment
- Transparent, humble, honest and passionate about what's best for the entire team
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree in apparel, operations, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience improving speed to market / quick turn apparel programs for multi-million dollar product portfolios
- Minimum 8 to 9 years of directly relevant work experience in apparel or fashion lifestyle industry preferred
- Trademark licensing and collaborative product experience preferred
- Excellent leadership, change management, and problem solving skills
- Excellent storytelling, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% for domestic and international travel inclusive of Asia Factory and market travel
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now