procurement manager - converse brand & marketplaceBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 07/03/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Money, Money Money – So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
Our Global Procurement team helps Converse win by leveraging our suppliers and our scale. We partner with our stakeholders to drive value. We challenge the status quo and bring innovative thinking. We use facts to create leverage. We are motivated by results, not by process. And we act as one team across the globe. We are a magnet and engine for talent – we bring in the best people from across the globe, challenge them to grow and help them build a career at Converse, within or beyond Procurement.
Global Procurement is looking for an impact-driven Brand & Marketplace Sourcing Manager who will join our team at Converse Headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, primarily supporting the Converse business. You will be a part of a passionate, high performing team of sourcing professionals supporting Nike and Converse strategic priorities.
In this role, you will partner with Converse Brand, Retail, and Digital stakeholders and with Global Procurement team members across North America, South America, Asia, and Europe to develop business and sourcing strategies that meet Converse and Nike, Inc. priorities. You will report to the Director of Procurement for Converse and you will have a dotted line reporting relationship with the Sr. Director of Brand & Marketplace Procurement.
You will be responsible for partnering with Senior leaders and Global Procurement colleagues to care for on-going partner relationships and identify and establish new partnership relationships that support Converse and Nike, Inc. strategies.
You’ll be a trusted member of a global team with the following responsibilities:
- Develop trusting and meaningful relationships with senior executives across multiple business and brand, and marketplace functions
- Understand Converse and Nike business needs and leverage data and market research to determine and enable strategic goals
- Perform deep market analytics and research to develop expertise across digital, technology, and supply chain categories
- Activate and lead sourcing strategies and processes and leverage global colleagues to strengthen strategies and follow through in geographies
- Analyze business proposals and align with long-term strategies
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and internal stakeholders
You will lead an innovative hypothesis-driven process to create and manage company-wide category strategies that bridge organizational boundaries and that span the globe. You will use your analytical and research skills to help develop and execute strategies to unlock supplier value, optimize demand, and improve both internal and external processes. The strategies you help to develop will touch every aspect of client-supplier interaction and will include approaches to improve supporting processes, procedures, and technologies at both a local and global level.
You will advise and support Converse’s business leaders during all phases of the sourcing life-cycle. You will be responsible for leading, resourcing, and executing sourcing strategies using the 7-Step Strategic Sourcing Process. You will measure value captured, report performance, engage Legal support, and execute sourcing initiatives using a suite of sourcing and contract management tools. Spend analysis, risk management, contracting, cost savings methodology, performance reporting, stakeholder engagement, and proficiency with sourcing tools are integral to success.
This growth opportunity will also give you the chance to interact, present, and influence senior leadership to gain support for key initiatives and strategies. In addition, you will work with counterparts around the globe to implement these strategies at a geographic level. You will be an agent of change and a vital contributor in Converse’s quest to realize its full potential. Within Global Procurement, we are on the Offense. Always. Join us.
- 6-8 years of sourcing, with Procurement or Strategic Sourcing for consumer goods, brand, retail or digital
- CPM or internationally accredited procurement qualification is preferred
- Experience both with category strategy creation, and customizing strategies
- Deep experience with operating in a global-geo/regional model, strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior leadership
- Strong project management experience inclusive of developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results
- Track-record of demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit
- Clean-sheet modeling and negotiation methodology
- TCO approach to spend management (supply management, demand management, process management)
- Experience with e-Sourcing tools is a plus
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be willing to travel
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re differentApply Now