finance director partner marketsBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 03/06/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Money, Money Money – So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
At Converse, our mission is to serve our consumers by being the most Authentic Street Style Performance brand. The Converse Finance team supports and guides this vision by being functionally excellent at all dimensions of our matrixed business model. We believe that by investing in the right candidate and creating a excellent leadership bench we can directly impact our company’s success and deliver sustainable profitable growth.
The Global Partner Markets Finance Director is key leader running Converse’s distributors and licensees models across 50 countries. You will help to develop the marketplace, work closely with partners across the globe, and develop complex business models. You will lead a team that is financially disciplined, transformational, and insight driven. End to end thinking from strategy to value-chain to the economic model is critical to success in this role.
This role will be responsible for the financial model that delivers long-term brand accretive growth and enables our consumer, product, and partners’ plan. As our most complex marketplace for Converse, the Global Partner Markets Finance Director will develop, communicate, impact planning and management strategies to achieve quarterly and annual fiscal goals while balancing the partner market portfolio. The Finance Director will need to bring a global and entrepreneurial mindset to a business.
- Chief partner to Global Partner Markets GM to implement financial strategy and end to end planning tied to marketplace and consumer plan
- Provide business and team leadership for Global Partner Markets finance team and stakeholders
- Partnering closely with GM and Business Development Director, provide financial input for risks and opportunities related to distributor and licensee contractual terms and conditions
- Drive the analysis of financial trends with a focus on trade-term management and marketplace health while monitoring: Order to Cash, Sales Trends, and Inventory Health
- Create the financial framework to augment the growth potential of existing and new channels of distribution with a excellent understanding of licensee and distributor business models
- Facilitate a balanced approach to near-team goals (Win Now) while relentlessly focusing driving long-term brand accretive growth
- Guides and develop a leadership bench that can act as the leadership pipeline of future finance leaders for Converse and Nike.
- Create a team that is famous for its entrepreneurial spirit and global marketplace knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field desired
- Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in a Finance related environment including ideally in Emerging Markets or Licensee/Distributor Business Models
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate partner management and preferably Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent ability to pivot from financially to strategic conversations
- Creative problem solving skills and strategic planning acumen
- Ability to develop multiple and changing processes and priorities.
- Must have the ability to understand, design, & coordinate the implementation of new processes and systems.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re differentApply Now