director of global brand advertisingBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 07/10/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative.
As an integral member of the Global Brand Connections team, you will be responsible for driving creative development of Global advertising campaigns, leading projects from strategy, to brief, to creative concept development and production, and rollout. These projects span across the Converse Brand from Chuck Taylor to our re-entry onto the Basketball Court.
- Create brand defining advertising campaigns working in close collaboration with Brand Design, Brand Management, and Media to assure the highest impact possible.
- Lead definition and creation of briefs for global advertising programs, and their elements
- Obsess the consumer: Think youthfully, and concept with youth in mind
- Ensure global relevance and success: Work closely with regional and territory teams to ensure global relevancy and understanding of all campaigns.
- Be a product and brand authority: Work closely with our internal brand management and product teams to brief with product knowledge and consumer needs in mind.
- Design for space: Ensure all communications are built to work in the contemporary communications landscape – thinking digital/mobile first while working closely with our media, social and commerce teams
- Lead sourcing and selection of creative partner for owned briefs, and continue to push Converse forward in youth culture by bringing new partners and executional possibilities to the table.
- Champion internally: Develop packaging and communication of strategies, concepts, and assets for campaigns to marketing leadership.
- Lead production of creative execution, with a clear perspective on budget and executional mandates.
- Contribute to management of contracting, negotiation, scope definition and payment of external partners.
- Align with other functions for campaigns, ensuring that assets and materials are cross-leveraged.
- Liaise with Nike Legal and Business Affairs to ensure proper indemnification/clearance for owned projects.
- Manager responsibilities: Nurture and manage direct reports to be independent owners of campaigns and projects in their own right.
- 8-10 years working in marketing or advertising, at an agency or youth culture brand.
- Stellar creative taste and an ability to drive simple but powerful brand ideas.
- Have lead full advertising/content campaigns from inception to go-live, especially in the digital space.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, social media marketing, and the consumption habits of today’s youth consumer.
- Persuasive and sharp verbal and written presentation skills.
- Able to manage up, down and across in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionality with peers – across PR, design, brand, and with production partners.
- Immersion in basketball culture or prior experience in that space a plus.
This role would be perfect for:
- A very strategic and creatively attuned Ad agency account director who has overseen creative development and production for global campaigns
- A brand director at a fashion/youth consumer brand who has developed creative campaigns
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now