director of brand strategy & planningBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/20/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
- Thought partner for Brand strategy development and seasonal strategy development for Chief Marketing Officer and Brand Senior stakeholders.
- Strategic thought partner to Brand and Category Leadership providing enterprise wide thinking for the Brand
- Execution of presentations and communication to ensure premium delivery of strategy to ensure organization
- Key Brand contributor to the Quarterly Business Reviews, Corporate Strategic Reviews, and development of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Cultivate a consistent communication cadence with functions and geographies (weekly emails)
- Strengthen the creation of brand strategy presentations to socialize and align the organization
- Lead the implementation and planning of market travel, team-offsites, and the weekly monthly marketing meeting
- Owning the process of (pre) ISR / Kick Off / Brief / Gut Check / Plan Lock and Shape of the Season.
- Impact the meetings, material development and checkpoints to deliver marketing strategies against the gameplan
- Help establish clarity on the required toolset to support marketing and ensure seamless organization of necessary archived materials
- Strategic Thinker
- Masterful communication development (presentations, emails, newsletters, etc)
- Brand Marketing acumen
- Process oriented
- Excellent in encouraging collaboration and integration
- Confidence and experience working with and influencing Sr Stakeholders
- Effective relationship builder
- 5+ years’ experience in highly creative, fast-paced & complex marketing environment
- Proven success in the creation and socialization of brand strategies
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Proven ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors
- Top-notch written, verbal communication and presentations skills; able to inspire and influence any/all internal and external stakeholders
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now