Director of Brand Strategy & PlanningBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/20/2019 Schedule Full-time
The Director of Brand Strategy guides the team and work to help set and implement the Converse Brand strategic vision and strengthens the brand offense to deliver against our priorities both long term and seasonal. Provides the clear, consistent direction of how we deliver against the priorities through establishing and developing an effective consumer-led, end-to-end marketing offense. This leader will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to clearly define the Brand Strategy and how this plan comes to life against each season. They will lead the communication of the strategy and cadence of communication to deliver progress against this strategy. They will lead the development of our meeting cadence and required marketing toolset to operationalize the program. This leader will work hand in hand with the Chief Marketing Officer to set the strategic vision, strengthen this vision through seasonal follow through, and deliver communication on the continued progress against this vision.
- Thought partner for Brand strategy development and seasonal strategy development for Chief Marketing Officer and Brand Senior stakeholders.
- Strategic thought partner to Brand and Category Leadership providing enterprise wide thinking for the Brand
- Execution of presentations and communication to ensure premium delivery of strategy to ensure organization
- Key Brand contributor to the Quarterly Business Reviews, Corporate Strategic Reviews, and development of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Cultivate a consistent communication cadence with functions and geographies (weekly emails)
- Strengthen the creation of brand strategy presentations to socialize and align the organization
- Lead the implementation and planning of market travel, team-offsites, and the weekly monthly marketing meeting
- Owning the process of (pre) ISR / Kick Off / Brief / Gut Check / Plan Lock and Shape of the Season.
- Impact the meetings, material development and checkpoints to deliver marketing strategies against the gameplan
- Help establish clarity on the required toolset to support marketing and ensure seamless organization of necessary archived materials
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Strategic Thinker
- Masterful communication development (presentations, emails, newsletters, etc)
- Brand Marketing acumen
- Process oriented
- Excellent in encouraging collaboration and integration
- Confidence and experience working with and influencing Sr Stakeholders
- Effective relationship builder
- 5+ years’ experience in highly creative, fast-paced & complex marketing environment
- Proven success in the creation and socialization of brand strategies
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Proven ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors
- Top-notch written, verbal communication and presentations skills; able to inspire and influence any/all internal and external stakeholders