digital experience optimization managerBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 12/13/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative.
Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
As a key player of the Global Digital Experience team, the Senior Manager, Testing and Optimization will plan, execute, analyze, and communicate the findings of A/B and multivariate tests on Converse global digital properties in order to optimize shopping journeys and increase conversion.
This role leads the strategy, actively managing our testing roadmap, educating business partners on tests in market, gathering test requirements across Global and Geo teams, conducts in-depth post test analysis and delivers recommendations.
You will provide day-to-day testing and optimization support and training for business partners in Merchandising, Marketing, Content Strategy, Analytics, Technology, Customer Service and Distribution
- Collaborate with teammates to develop clear and measurable business and testing objectives.
- Recommend improvements to digital commerce experiences that align with individual business owner objectives, as well as those of the overall business.
- Identify the "stories" that caused changes to the consumer journey in a given test result.
- Manage the A/B Test queue and testing system capacity, including monitoring running tests for expected run times to meet business estimates.
- Leverage creative, strategic and analytical skills to discover insights from available sources, including Site Catalyst, AB Test platform, reporting database, system logs and more to provide actionable test results.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams in different Geos (Western Europe) to gather testing ideas and share best practices in A/B testing and digital optimization.
- Regularly audit the test platform to ensure all tests in sum are operating effectively, at a holistic level for the sum of the testing program.
- Work closely with A/B Testing vendor to see through test implementations, audit test results, and successfully deploy completed test results to the live-site.
- Partner closely with Digital analytics team to conduct deep dive, statistical analyses on test results to ensure significance and validity. Be able to tie together multiple data sets into a solid, scientifically accurate model using a consistent methodology (created by digital analytics team).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field with an involvement with statistical analysis.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of statistical analyses in a professional or enterprise workplace.
- A proven track record of hypothesis-driven testing, resulting in increases in conversion rates and improved user experience
- Ability to effectively manage work across organizational boundaries to get things done in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Exceptional ability to analyze data with different statistical models to reduce noise, glean insights, call-out exceptions, verify integrity, and derive next step recommendations.
- Proven experience in managing and organizing workflows, documentation, project backlogs that require involvement with business partners or participants outside the immediate team.
- Hands-on experience with fetching and analyzing data sets directly, including by SQL query, flat-file or any other common method.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong presentation and report writing skills are a must.
- Experience with experimental design (e.g. test design, hypothesis testing, sample size/power estimation, multivariate testing, etc) is preferred.
- Proficiency in excel and data analysis, with statistics experience a plus.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now