demand and inventory planning directorBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/06/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
At Converse Operations our mission is to “be the accelerator for growth by delivering premium consumer experiences”. We strive to excel on maximizing our Service level and Quality while optimizing our Inventory and Costs. We believe this is possible by investing in the right Talent and building an excellent leadership bench.
As the Converse North America Demand Planning & Inventory Management Director you’ll partner with cross-functional leaders in the Geography and around the globe to keep the Converse demand, supply, service and inventory ecosystems in equilibrium. You will be accountable for North American supply to fulfill the consumer demand and support business growth and profitability. You will work cross-functionally to guarantee a demand plan and inventory management strategy that supports deep product availability at critical brand moments while at the same time managing a tight and cost-efficient supply chain.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of North America Operations, you will be a part of the operations management team which drives the supply chain strategy and day-to-day operations from demand planning all the way to final customer delivery.
• Collaborate closely with various business functions to understand go-to market strategy, account strategies and marketplace dynamics to develop a thorough demand plan on a rolling 18-month time horizon with best in class forecast accuracy performance
• Develop inventory strategies from launch to end of life that maximize the growth potential of Converse and minimize inventory risk
• Guide NA seasonal supply by setting buy strategies and executing a monthly buy process with the Inventory Management team
• Guide NA Closeout Ecosystem by keeping a healthy balance between closeout demand and supply
• Represent NA DPIM in the S&OP cycle and at key Gameplan milestones; develop follow-up actions within the teams
• Set and manage to annual inventory targets and provide updated forecasts to supply longer term factory capacity planning, inbound logistics and distribution planning
• Develop an excellent DPIM team by hiring top talent, setting clear goals, and maximizing opportunities for growth through coaching
• Optimize on-time product coverage by collaborating with end-to-end cross functional partners
• Strengthen continuous process improvements within the NA DPIM team and as part of the Operations leadership team
• Work closely with Global teams on system enhancements related to DPIM, coordinating geography testing and training
• 10 years directly relevant work experience in supply chain and/or planning functions with a global consumer company
• End to end knowledge of supply chain operations and systems; sound understanding of Finance and Business Planning; specific experience in demand planning, inventory management, S&OP is greatly preferred
• Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to work across multiple functions and facilitate action via consensus and alignment with multiple internal teams
• General management instinct: ability to lead high profile, complex initiatives; ability to identify and mitigate risk; capable of leading project teams across varying functions
• Excellent presenter and group facilitator; skilled in translating arguments into the language of others; exceptional influencing skills
• Experience in encouraging collaboration with cross-cultural, cross-functional and virtual teams working in a highly complex, matrixed environment
• Excellent people leader with a passion for coaching and developing team members
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now