converse senior director footwear sports styleBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/30/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Put Some Sneakers Between Their Feet and the Street
Let’s face it, Converse is synonymous with sneakers. You’re coming into a long legacy. But we’re trusting you see things a little different. That you’re wearing what you want and you know what you want to wear. And that will translate to what you put on people’s feet. We like a view askew. We like risk-takers and rebels.
For Converse, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Converse Sr Director of Sports Style understands our consumer, marketplace trends and insights and obsesses basketball, running and skate to create the right product for consumers around the world.
The Sr Director Sports Style is responsible for managing a global team and leading the product creation process, from gathering consumers insights to delivering product across iconic and new technical silhouettes.
- To diversity the converse footwear portfolio and grow the Converse Footwear business in the Sports Style Category.
- To create new product propositions by leading the company transformation with new vision, new behaviors, and new processes.
- Set and implement the 3 year vision and growth, aligned with finance and the company’s strategic plan.
- Re-energize the Sports Style business to increase marketshare in key accounts and regions.
- Identify new growth opportunities through product evolution and innovation around style, and sports performance.
- Create capability in the business to get closer to and engage the consumer, building deeper emotional consumer connections thru compelling product storytelling, ensuring consumer and market insights are acted on across all business functions.
- Lead the product creation Triad (development/design) through the creation process including the geo product teams.
- Build, manage and elevate the team to embrace more growth mindset and different ways of working
- Align cross functionally on Go-to-Market strategy to ensure benchmark execution in the marketplace (Merchandising, Brand, Sales)
- Set the winning business plan and targets aligned with the brand objectives and ensure financial and brand performance targets are met. Review and approve category financial KPI targets, including units, margin, SKU targets, sell-through and inventory.
- Develop specific product plans to ensure the adoption across the brand marketing concept maps, Merchandising assortment plans and regional initiatives.
- Ensure effective strategic planning and implementation takes place in the geographies, measured against revenue, gross margin results and budgets.
- Lead and develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary team and create a growth and transformation focused mind-set. Encourage risk taking and exploration.
- Foster an ethical work environment with clear values, priorities and standards.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in general management, category or product leadership roles with international iconic consumer lifestyle brands with ownership of the growth and strategic targets for a business or category.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a business to growth and inspiring an organization to change.
- A demonstrated cross-functional leader, who aligns the multiple elements of the business (demand planning, merchandising, finance, marketing, etc.) to get to a growth number.
- Demonstrated Product management experience and expertise in understanding and interpreting consumer insight and market intelligence to maximize business growth and market share. Deeply understands global, regional and local market and consumer nuances and needs.
- Growth mind-set and transformation leadership skills.
- Collaborative, inspirational and motivational leadership style.
- High level of leadership identity and executive presence.
- Demonstrated success in
- Setting vision and defining goals
- Developing impactful strategies and annual business plans
- Delivering the business plan (through performance management)
- Successful experience in organizational and team development.
- Excellent business orientation, analytical and commercial aptitude.
- Demonstrated business management experience with P&L responsibility.
- Excellent strategic leadership skills with the proven ability to recruit, retain, motivate and develop a world-class team.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now