converse retail operations manager: labor & store controlBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 12/18/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
Working in Retail at Converse World Headquarters will be rewarding and challenging but it most definitely won’t be just another job. You'll be an ambassador of the Converse brand. You’ll create strategy, tools and processes through the lens of our brand conviction and mission statement that empower stores to provide inspiring consumer experiences while delivering profit and developing people. We're committed to making every employee and customer experience a rewarding one, and as a member of our retail team, your contributions will play a big role.
As the Operations Manager focused on Labor and Store Controls you will drive operational efficiency through wage and expense management platforms and programs. Responsibilities include:
- Lead NA stores labor optimization strategies, reporting and wage programs
- Manage the annual labor budgeting process in partnership with Finance and stores leadership
- Lead the cross-functional Workload Planning process to maximize consumer facing time and drive execution to ensure labor investments are maximized
- Drive the consistent use of store scheduling tools through field leadership to ensure wage targets are met at the fleet level
- Partner with Business Planning, Training and Finance teams to ensure store goals are aligned to key performance metrics and deliver results
- Work with an extended offsite and global team to ensure new programs meet the needs of Converse stores and are implemented effectively
- Ability to be equal parts thinker and doer, white-boarding strategies and problem-solving, with the inertia to get things done
- Lead a team and be responsible for communicating results upward to leadership in the Retail organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance, MBA preferred.
- 5 yrs. of retail finance/labor management experience. Corporate experience directly related to position is preferred.
- Expert modeling skills, with the ability to translate complex analyses into clear and compelling narrative
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proven experience with Kronos Workforce Management Applications
- Knowledge of retail store support systems (BI, SAP, Point of Sale, Inventory Management and Traffic Counting applications)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation and presentations
- Ability to work with high degree of independence while managing upward communication to management
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Word, Access and Share Point
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now