converse editing copywriter, digitalBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 01/24/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As the Editing Copywriter, based at Converse WHQ in Boston, you will be part of a team breaking new ground in the way we message and deliver product copy.
Are you a product obsessive? Good. As part of our Global Digital Commercial Content team, you’ll develop compelling seasonal storytelling about our products. To thrive in this role, you’ll have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to self-drive. You’ll be detail oriented and enjoy sleuthing the details that make every shoe meaningful. You’ve BEEN digital-first, and you’ll bring your expertise in the digital marketplace and our global consumer. Through editing, you’ll help guide the writers’ output and advise on content strategy.
- Help maintain product copywriting style guides
- Deliver compelling seasonal copy that is on-brand and accurate
- Help drive consistency in voice, tone and style
- Partner with Converse Legal team to ensure compliance
- Tell compelling product stories through copy, for use by our global sales teams, Converse.net, and by our online retail partners.
- Continually adhere to Converse brand standards and copy guidelines.
- Editing function: You’ll reference various resources and style guides to review and edit a key selection of seasonal product copy. Collaborate with the Senior Digital Product Copy Manager to maintain our high standards for product-related descriptions and storytelling.
- Collaborate with brand, digital production, and geography teams to ensure all objectives and timelines are met.
- Provide insight in copy and content strategy, to support team with planned growth and adoption of new types of media.
- Foster and leverage relationships in product, merchandising and marketing to gather information about seasonal styles and check facts against multiple sources to ensure accuracy.
- Actively gain knowledge of Converse’s products and processes, trends, the consumer and overall marketplace culture.
- Develop deep knowledge of Converse’s copy philosophy, product composition, features, and benefits.
- Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- 5+ years of writing experience in a corporate or agency environment required, preferably as a copywriter for a major brand, e-commerce company or digital design agency.
- 1+ years of copyediting or proofreading experience.
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy.
- Expert command of the English language (including spelling, grammar and punctuation).
- Experience writing compelling and creative email, editorial and other online marketing material.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible.
- Able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes.
- A genuine passion for digital marketing and the online space.
- Knowledge of footwear and/or apparel design construction and terminology.
- Expertise in current and upcoming fashion and trends, as well as culture and lifestyle themes that align with the Converse brand.
- Retail, catalog or search engine optimization writing experience a plus.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now