converse, concept designer iiBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 05/22/2019 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
To bring the seasonal product stories and creative direction to life through the design and execution of compelling tools. To provide an end-in-mind point-of-view within the Product Design and Innovation organization.
Visually communicates the seasonal product creative narrative through 2D and 3D presentation tools including look-books, presentations and rig room environments.
- Collaborates in the creation and execution of seasonal visual tools under direction of Concept Innovation Design lead.
- Utilizes advanced design skills to create and execute original and innovative 2D and 3D design solutions that reflect the Converse design ethos and Brand
- Collaborates on planning and organization of room builds and photo shoots, including communication with vendors, creation / management of budgets, and execution of materials.
- Partners with Product/Innovation Designers as well as Business counterparts including PLMs, Merchants, and Brand Designers.
- Partners with agencies and vendors to coordinate execution of Concept projects as well as on schedule, budget, and delivery of files / content when needed.
- May lead projects, establish direction and manage designers on a per-project basis.
- May function as Stylist, Project Manager and/or Producer as needed.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of current trend, color, 3D design, materials, and category-relevant products.
- Works to actively gain experience, enhance design skills, and increase knowledge of Converse products, design philosophy, and processes
- Has a passion for footwear and apparel and is looking to innovate and help create future product and experiences for Converse consumers.
- Works responsibly within project timelines & budget.To bring the seasonal product stories and creative direction to life through the design and execution of compelling tools. To provide an end-in-mind point-of-view within the Product Design and Innovation organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field and 5+ years' professional design experience (2 additional years of experience in lieu of degree).
- Proven ability to apply and perform 2D/3D design skills at an advanced level. Demonstrated high level of expertise using Macintosh computer design applications.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.Apply Now