cfo & senior director, converse north americaBoston, Massachusetts Apply Now Date posted 12/20/2018 Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a
sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a
company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most
innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by
rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we
hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
At Converse, our mission is to serve our consumers by being the most Authentic Street Style Performance brand. The global Converse Finance team both supports and drives this vision by being functionally excellent at all dimensions of our matrixed business model. We believe that by investing in the right Talent and building a strong leadership bench we can directly impact our company’s success and deliver sustainable and profitable growth.
The Converse North America CFO is key part of the team running a dynamic marketplace across Wholesale, Digital, and Owned Doors at one of the most iconic brands in the world. You will lead a team that is financially disciplined, transformational, and insight driven. End to end thinking and cross functional partnership across North America functional leaders, global finance & strategy, and senior leaders will be critical to accelerating growth.
The NA CFO will be responsible for the financial model that delivers long-term brand accretive growth and enables our consumer and product strategy. As the biggest marketplace for Converse, the North America CFO will develop, communicate, influence planning and management strategies to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual fiscal goals and running a consumer-first business. The CFO will bring an entrepreneurial, transformational, and digital first mindset to a business that has scale.
- Chief partner to North America GM to execute financial strategy and end to end planning tied to marketplace and consumer strategy.
- Provide business and team leadership for Finance function for Converse North America (NA) geography business unit. Provide cross-functional leadership for the broader NA leadership team in support of accelerating growth and driving a balanced marketplace strategy.
- Leverage consumer and financial analytics to create financial trends to allow the marketplace to read and react quickly.
- Create the financial framework to maximize the growth potential of existing and new channels of distribution with a strong understanding of Wholesale and Direct to Consumer business models.
- Deep focus on building a SGA architecture that distorts investments against the highest consumer and financial impact.
- Drive a balanced approach to near-team goals (Win Now) while relentlessly focusing driving long-term brand accretive growth.
- Coach and develop a leadership bench that can act as the leadership pipeline of future Finance leaders for Converse and Nike.
- Build a team that is famous for it’s entrepreneurial spirit, marketplace knowledge, and consumer insight approach to finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ work experience in a Finance related environment including ideally in Digital, Apparel/Footwear, and Wholesale
- Strong understand of the consumer funnel and business levers to maximize potential in Wholesale and Digital
- Enterprise leadership and strong communication skills to unlock growth in the North America marketplace.
- Strong ability to pivot from financially to strategic conversations and connect the dots.
- Ability to critically analyze insights, creative problem solving skills & strategically plan complex organizational & functional interactions. Ability to manage multiple and changing processes and priorities.
- Coordinate multiple and conflicting demands. Ability to meet deadlines. Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to work with ambiguity and try new solutions to existing or new problems.
- Must have the ability to understand, design, & coordinate the implementation of new processes and systems.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.