Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
Who we are looking for
We're looking for a standout Marketing Operations Senior Manager within the Global Brand Planning and Operations team at Converse, who will power the Marketing function by driving operating excellence across the full go-to-consumer process in partnership with all functions!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The Marketing Operations Senior Manager will focus on driving our operating processes and will drive accountability throughout the organization. This role is essential to ensure the cross-functional Marketing teams deliver with excellence and efficiency.
Operational Excellence. Always.
- Operationalize the go-to-market process from concept development through launch, working closely with partner Marketing functions across all Gameplan landmarks and processes.
- Plan and handle calendars by working back from delivery date and understanding all pieces and teams that are integral to being successful
- Maintain and communicate project status to your core and extended teams
- Proactively schedule key meetings and reviews, document discussions and progress
- Facilitate meetings: set meeting objectives, keep discussions on track, wrap up key points
- Prioritize work, elevate conflicting projects when vital
- Cultivate a deep understanding of financial standard methodologies and process and drive meticulous daily management of financial targets and accuracy in planning and reporting.
- Constantly seek out ways to enhance your team’s output and best practices
- Tools & platforms: Lead the identification of gaps and drive rollout and adoption of new tools & platforms that enable the Brand team to work together more effectively.
Develop a leadership vision for your realm of influence. Challenge the status quo, think beyond the briefs. Take the time and invest in laying out your vision. Strong leadership coupled with an intimate understanding of the project needs.
- Look for project connections, sharing information from related or recent projects
- Be a good brand steward – don’t be shy about holding us to our brand conviction
- Obsess youth culture and consume media that helps position you within youth culture.
- Act in service of diverse youth (age and mentality)
- Encourage, recognize and reward team members acting as a positive driving force.
- Recognize that diversity of thought and experience fosters a stronger outcome and builds a space for all viewpoints to be welcome and heard.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a matrixed organization. Partnership with cross-functional teams is essential to being successful in this position. The ability to invite others’ perspective and diverse points of view into the workflow is key to achieving results.
- Develop and maintain high benchmarks for communication and collaboration, relentlessly pursuing the best means to provide the right information to the right people at the right time.
- Share knowledge, experience, and skill with other Operations staff.
- Work with Ops counterparts from other teams to ensure continuity across initiatives.
- Participate confidently and successfully within a collaborative environment.
Be open to, and constantly in search of, growth opportunities for yourself and your team. Commit to training and professional development as a regular part of your job. Enable, engage, empower and celebrate an outstanding team and culture!
Resist complacency and the status quo. Be persistent about always finding a better way and resolve to be open minded about the opportunity to elevate your team and yourself.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In this role, you will report to the Marketing Operations Director and will work most closely with our partner functions: Brand Management, Brand Creative, Direct Marketing, Energy Marketing, and Entertainment/Sport/Community Marketing. Leading through influence and inspiring behavior will ensure team cohesion and successful outcomes.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years project management experience required.
- Experience in an agency or fast-paced creative department a plus.
- Curiosity, an engaging style and an urge to seek out innovative solutions strongly encouraged. Embody the Converse value of "Spark Progress".
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses.
- Proven experience excelling in a constantly evolving, high-growth environment.
- Ability to balance multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative working relationships with cross functional teams and external resources.
- Ability to empower others, deal with ambiguity, and effectively collaborate in decision-making.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.