Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
As the Director of Global Digital Merchandising, you will lead the global digital customization and close to market team. You will partner with geography merchants and global product teams to drive the brand vision through Converse's digital direct platforms globally. This role plays an integral part in bringing Converse's digital customization brand strategy together with geography consumer needs; ensuring Converse delivers consumer right assortments to our digitally native audiences across the globe. In this role you will lead the global digital “Converse by You” and close to market merchandising strategy. You will be the acting liaison and advocate for the geography digital merchant teams who drive the business, and the global teams creating product and brand strategy, to ensure our assortments begin and end with a digital mindset and prioritize consumer experience.Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and communicate the global customization and close to market digital seasonal strategy
- Create moments of impact for our consumers through seasonal product journeys and concept led assortments that drive digital global alignment and product conversion
- Lead “Converse by You” teams through global seasonal game plan gates
- Partner with brand merchandising and global product merchandising to align product and marketing seasonal strategy
- Partner with Global Content Strategy team to deliver product assets for key seasonal stories and products
- Deliver digital consumer insights to the IDPM organization to inform future product strategies
- Collect, organize and share data on category performance, SKU efficiency and consumer insights to guide our seasonal creation process and drive informed business decisions within the customization and inline footwear business
- Work closely with Consumer Data Analytics team, define merchandising KPI’s/benchmarks and report on results
- Bachelor's degree plus 10+ years with relevant retail experience in merchandising, merchandise planning or product
- Or in lieu of degree, 13+ years relevant work experience
- Global digital or omni merchandising experience preferred
- Requires strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (data manipulation and analysis)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross- functional teams
- Proven success in the creation and socialization of merchandising and business strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects at once
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate strategies to the organization
- High Degree of professionalism
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.