Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
- Responsible for the month-end close, engaging with the Converse Controlling functional leads to ensure a successful close process. Work proactively with the functional leads to identify and resolve potential accounting or process issues.
- Establish, maintain, and monitor KPI’s to ensure the health of the month-end close process.
- Be a leader for process improvement related to monthly financial reporting. Identify and implement strategies for the company to execute its accounting and reporting responsibilities with greater efficiency by automating processes and reducing manual work effort.
- Lead the team in identifying, researching and resolving complex technical accounting issues, consulting with internal and external subject matter experts, and implementing new accounting policies.
- Accountable for quarterly financial statement analysis and preparation of the Converse quarterly financial statement package.
- Draft and coordinate the preparation of quarterly SEC disclosures for MD&A, Segment reporting, and financial statement footnotes. Ensure Converse’s compliance with SEC disclosure requirements.
- Be a leader on the Converse Controlling team on the use of the company’s financial reporting tools, including Business Planning and Consolidation for SAP, Business Objects, and Tableau. Grow the team’s knowledge and proficiency on the use of these tools to enhance financial reporting capability and provide greater value to our business partners.
- Own the company’s treasury accounting and operations, including partnering with Nike, Inc. in executing hedges against foreign currency risks and executing treasury transactions.
- Ownership of the management and organization of the master data that is collected in the SAP ERP system.
- Supervise and oversee the growth and professional development of multiple team members.
- At least 8-10 years of combined experience in a National or Big Four Accounting Firm as well as in industry working for a publicly held company in a leadership role.
- CPA or equivalent required.
- Prior experience at a management level in a global, multi-currency environment. Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting and working knowledge of the fundamentals of corporate tax and transfer pricing.
- Strong knowledge of large company ERP tools, such as SAP or Oracle.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, detailed and deadline-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities, commitment to quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment at a rapidly evolving company and industry.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.