Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
Converse was established in 1908 and is a brand with a deep connection to our consumers around the globe. We look to unleash their creative spirit by delivering compelling product and experiences. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries.
Within Converse Operations our mission is to “be the accelerator of growth by delivering premium consumer experiences”. We strive to excel at maximizing our service level and quality while optimizing our Inventory and costs.
In Operations Strategy we build & drive an aligned strategy to deliver against Converse’s corporate goals. We partner with leaders and teams across the organization to ensure that the Operations functions are well positioned to achieve those goals and bolster our competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Performance & Process Manager
As Performance & Process Manager you will play an important role in shaping the future of Converse and the Operations function. You will be part of a newly formed group in Operations Strategy which is charged with building and driving a strategy at the intersection of 1) Performance Management (prioritizing our Key Metrics and making them clear, transparent and actionable) 2) Analytics (capturing the right data, making it accessible and visualizing insights in order to drive decision-making) and 3) Process Excellence (training our teams in Agile and LEAN principles in order to target strategic process gaps and drive continuous improvement).
As the Performance and Process Manager you will be responsible for creating and driving the Performance Management and Process Excellence strategy. You will be part of a highly motivated team and will work closely with Operations Strategy to align the Operations leadership team and lead programs across all of Operations.
To be a successful Performance & Process Manager you should be a strategic thinker who can strike the balance between depth & breadth by understanding our key Operations metrics and elevating the right high-level strategy and insights. Similarly, the right candidate is both an independent driver and cross-functional team engager. Key characteristics include curiosity, great communication and facilitation skills, flexibility to problem solve and think creatively, and a team player with energy.
Performance Management describes our strategy work to prioritize Key Metrics for Operations and make them clear, transparent and actionable. You will be responsible for managing this ecosystem and will:
- Develop a strategy for how we use and articulate key metrics in Operations
- Develop a 1 and 3 year roadmap
- Partner with Operations leadership to clarify and prioritize our key metrics and set challenging targets that drive positive business results
- Clearly articulate what the Key Metrics are and the business case for each
- Partner with manager to develop a process and framework for the team to regularly report on these metrics
- Monitor best practice approaches to business KPIs, performance management and reporting results. Introduces these practices to the Operations organization.
- Manage global performance management governance around KPIs, metrics, targeting, and results measurement.
- Prepare and facilitate quarterly meetings with Leadership to review and discuss progress, wins, and opportunities Prepare & facilitate quarterly meetings where leadership reports progress.
- Work with our Analytics team to identify opportunities to drive deeper insights and decision-making through data or visualization
The Process Excellence ecosystem within Operations involves selecting and training internal teams on Agile and LEAN best practices and frameworks. These teams then serve as internal consultants who drive key process or continuous improvement projects. As the lead for this program, you will:
- Develop a strategy for how Process Excellence and support our Performance Management and Analytics goals, ultimately supporting our Operations and Converse corporate strategy
- Develop a 1 and 3 year roadmap
- Leverage work in Performance Management to understand complex business challenges and identify strategic opportunities in the organization for continuous improvement
- Work with Operations team members to scope projects and articulate the business case
- Manage the pipeline of potential projects for Process Excellence
- Coach and guide process improvement projects. Provide formal feedback and communications regarding team contributions to Operations Leadership team
- Identify and select individual teams to participate in our Agile and LEAN and process training (APEX) In collaboration with their leaders
- Oversee and deliver the curriculum for APEX
- Seek opportunities to use cutting edge approaches to modernize and automate performance management and process excellence.
- Think strategically about our goals, approach and future of process excellence
This role sits in Operations Strategy. As such you will play a critical role within a highly motivated team to help support our overall Operations Strategy. You will:
- Partner with the Operations Strategy leaders and Operations team members to contribute to the short, and long-term strategic planning cycle
- Assess market and business trends to maintain best practices for Performance Management and Process Excellence
- Partner with Nike counterparts to align our strategies and best practices
- Educate Operations and other business functions on the role of Performance Management and Process Excellence
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Strategic Planning or related field)
- 6 years of experience working within strategy, operations, supply chain, consulting or process improvement, leveraging Agile or within a LEAN environment
- Excellent understanding of cross functional business process and metrics
- Natural problem solver with proven ability to quickly assess situations, identify problems, and offer clear and concise plans to resolve them
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members across functions and at all levels through an open, engaging and collaborative style
- Experience supporting business initiatives and strategies
- Experience leading or supporting projects
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities
- Strong meeting and group facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exposure to or working knowledge of Agile or LEAN methodology preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Experience with business analytics, analytics visualization methods/tools (eg: Tableau) and data processing tools (eg: Alteryx) is preferred
- Extensive experience data mining and the development of executive level visual analytics tools that drive business decisions and results is preferred
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively and demonstrate a sense of humor
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.